Tips for dressing up in style and breezing through airport security checks
Going through a long weekend or flying in for a fashion week may just give you a picture of long lines for security checks at international airports, but you may also be lucky enough to witness a bottleneck of supermodels in the airport queues.
We can actually pick up a few lessons from supermodels like Lily Aldridge, Jessica Stam,
and Karolina Kurkova who comes prepared for the plastic bins at the airport where they were spotted a few days before the Parish Fashion Week. Believe it or not, all girls were done with the checks in a few minutes.
Karolina had no problems getting rid of her Givenchy. Jessica took off her Rag & Bone in a blink of an eye. Lily slid her feet out of her biker boots by Proenza Schouer in a snap. The girls were stylishly simple with their jackets by Rick Owens and their black jeans. The supermodels who fly frequently are perfect examples for us who must remember how to be looking good and how to be snappy practical when you dress up when you are airport bound.
Here are some practical tips you might find useful:
- Avoid footwear with a lot of buckles or else people behind you will not be so pleased. (I had a rough time with my sandals by Ann Demeulemeesters with over 20 buckles)
- Don’t wear any intricately designed jewelries or accessories which you think will cause any delay ( don’t don bracelets with multiple metals, or the likes of spikes by Eddie Borgo, or the mini sword accents by Pamela Love)
- Leave the keys that you don’t need at home and yes, bib necklaces are not in anymore
- Be simple but in style. Try The Row’s wide-leg pants paired with an Isabel Marant and a tailored jacket from Chanel. Flats from Christian Laboutin will guarantee the comfort you want while traveling.
- Don’t forget your black jeans, Rick Owens jackets, and your slip on shoes.